Please join the Washington Foreign Law Society and Steptoe & Johnson LLP for a Breakfast Panel on Ukraine-Related Sanctions.
This month marks the 1-year anniversary of Russia’s annexation of Crimea and the United States’ introduction of sanctions and related measures in response to the situation in Ukraine. Please join the Washington Foreign Law Society and Steptoe & Johnson LLP for an interactive panel discussing the year in review for Ukraine-related sanctions and new and upcoming developments in Ukraine/Russia sanctions.
The Panel will address:
- Developments in Ukraine-related sanctions and related trade measures over the past year
- Recent developments in sanctions and other trade restrictions in response to current events in Ukraine
- Best practices regarding sanctions compliance for companies operating in Russia/Ukraine
- Eileen Albanese, Director of National Security and Technology Transfer Controls, Bureau of Industry and Security
- Rachel Nagle, Senior Advisor, Compliance Programs, Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Aaron Gothelf, Senior Counsel, International Trade Controls, GE
- Moderated by Alexandra Baj, Steptoe & Johnson, LLP
This event is scheduled for:
Friday, March 27, 2015
8:30 – 9:00 AM
Meet & Greet Reception
Light breakfast will be provided.
9:00 – 10:30 AM
Moderated Panel Discussion
Steptoe & Johnson LLP
1330 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
This is a free event but registration is required.